Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cuttin' The Caffeine

So I had been feeling a little head coldy the past couple of days.
I know I had been sleeping more than enough.
I had however been drinking coffee again,
which seems to come with these side effects for me.
I have been trying (half arse-edly, as is my way) to give coffee up.
As for many a year now I thought it maybe contributing to my lethargy, my listlessness .
So yesterday I stopped, once again and chose tea over coffee.
By lastnight I was feeling markedly different, for the better.

So this morning,
I am again on the tea (spoken like a true drinker)
though I so want for the coffee taste.
(yeah right, so not strung out and shaking, I'm not!)
But I thought I'd ask google about the difference in caffeine content.
I wondered is it the levels of caffeine or perhaps some other chemical reaction.
I was actually really surprised at the extreme differences.

According to diff-en
Coffee is between 80-185mg per 8 ounce cup depending on bean & brew.
Tea is between 17 - 70mg again depending on type & brew.
I really like this diff-en site, I will read through more thoroughly.
(one day)
It does mention how tea releases it's caffeine slower,
 thereby being a more gentle brew for the body.
I think it can answer most the questions I have about,
composition, the benefits, and negative effects, which is fantastic!

Ciao for now!
 I'm off to get another 'tea'
That just doesn't have the impact of
"second coffee"

Picture from



2 comments:

  1. Yay a semi food post! I saw the pictures of the tea and coffee and they enticed me to come over and check your post out. Pictures are soo pretty I want a clear teacup like the one above *hint, hint* haha. As always ill come back and read the post later :) Love ya xx Janaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I thought the semi food post would get you babe. lol Ahhh is that a prezzy hint? Geez Xmas will soon be here, how crazy is that! Hope you are all good down there. Love to you and your mum! xoxo

      Delete